Tuesday 12 June 2007

too young to know...

It's been about 6 weeks since my last post just because I've been too busy to write anything since the exams... These 6 weeks have been such a whirlwind... I've had my exams, passed them by God's grace and also had a wonderful SSC in ophthalmology... My career path still seems somewhat undecided - a hard fight between geriatrics and ophthalmology... perhaps someday soon I won't find myself so torn between the two. I've missed writing entries in my blog, but my time has not been my own and I've been much too busy writing articles to do anything else... The last time I'd worked so hard was probably my A levels... :) Nonetheless, it's been an exciting journey and I have learnt so much. I've had my dream hospital attachment as I'd wanted, and made beautiful friends... Sadly, that journey has to be put on hold for now and I will continue in Philippines where I left off the last time. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, or even the next 6 weeks... nor do I know where I will be going... I just know that as always, the next day will be better than the next! :)

For the past few weeks, my mind has been wandering back to thoughts of the movie 'Amazing grace'... There are two quotes which continuously linger my mind... the first of which is 'we are too young to realise that certain things are impossible for us.' said by Pitt the younger (in the movie). I find that it is indeed a beautiful sentiment, somewhat contrary to what the world has always taught us. The other quote which has been haunting me was said by John Newton, 'my memory fails but two things I remember - I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior.' How I pray that when my dementia finally sets in, that these are the truths that will remain with me.

Tomorrow I will fly to Palawan and I am excited to see my friends again, to once again share the dreams and thoughts which caught our passion, to serve those who are in need, to discover more of who I am and who I can become, and of course, to ride a carabao and eat balut!


No comments: