Tuesday 27 February 2007

Joy Overflowing

“The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.”

For so long I had been praying for God to show me how I could use my summer holidays to serve him. Of course we serve him in our daily lives, but this was time freely at my disposal and I wanted to dedicate every bit of it to God. Of course there were many things that I could do, but I wanted him to put me where he thought I could serve him the best. Because if we don’t use all we have to serve him to our full potential, then what is the point?


As I continued to pray, I saw so many amazing things happen over the days. God made my paths straight and opened so many doors. From the very day that he had given me the green light, he also provided everything that I needed. I had no worries at all. I told God that I was willing to go anywhere he would send me, all he had to do was to tell me where and I would do it all, no matter what it took. But that’s not the love of a father. He did everything for me. And through this, I work harder every day towards becoming a missionary. I know that even if he sent me to a difficult place, I would never need to worry because he would provide everything for me. And this is just his promise in 2 Corinthians 9:8 – “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, you will abound in every good work.” So now we can go forth – BY GRACE ALONE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey deb--thanks for a very encouraging post. i think God intended for me to read it today. hope all goes well--ill try to write u an email sometime to update u and stuff.
<3 carol