Monday 13 August 2012

Disembodied

My mind is still a whirlpool of thoughts, trying to organise all that I have seen and heard over the last week. I couldn't fall asleep last night, looking at the websites of the various NGOs that I had seen while in Kenya, websites that I had combed through endlessly in my days as a medical student, holding out a dream of joining them one day. Even as I watch documentaries of the wildebeest migration or African wildlife, I  feel a strange connection and excitement in my heart. 





Going through the websites this time, the stories and messages really stirred my heart as they now became real to me, having just been in that exact place. I met amazing people and beautiful men and women of God who have edified my soul so richly. 

That Sunday in church was such an awesome encounter with the Holy Spirit as he brought me to my knees before the greatness of God, even while singing a song that I couldn't understand the words of, but the Spirit transcends all words or languages. 





I suppose I am somewhat glad to be back to civilisation with good sanitation and a fresh supply of water, but I know in my heart, without any doubt whatsoever that I am not going to stay here forever. Like a strange feeling of being disembodied. This is not the life I am chasing after or the life I desire. 


My future is held in the eyes of these beautiful people I have met, who have captured my soul. They have taught me to see through the eyes of Jesus and to discover the love and compassion that he had for his people. 

Indeed, I have been blessed by you.


No comments: