Monday 25 December 2006

and the gift goes on...

And now I realise that our dreams are poor reflections of the great things God has in store for us.

I’ve been given the greatest gift of all and experienced the greatest love story of all time – the love of God given to me in a baby born under the brightest star.

Every year has been a gift from God to me but this year has been more for than I could ever ask for. Thoughts have been battling in my head the past 4 months, wondering what to do and where to go next summer. But as I continued to pray, I found that my path became clearer. I’ve gotten many Christmas presents, but of course none can top the Christmas present that God has given me this year… :)

I received another wonderful Christmas present – with my friends from Myanmar, Mung and Khup, coming to Singapore for a visit. I’ve always been waiting for my friends to visit me, so it was so great to be able to show them parts of Singapore. I bumped into them again the next day at the church’s Christmas carnival and had lots of fun as well.

This Christmas truly has been the best ever! For I have also been given the gift of giving, and this is my prayer: that I might be able to give my all for him.

And the gift goes on,
The Father gave the Son,
And the gift goes on,
The Son gave the Spirit,
And the gift goes on,
The Spirit gives us life,
So we can give,
The gift goes on…

No comments: