Sunday 17 December 2006

close by me forever, and love me i pray


Munich's Christmas market
I'm finally back home in Singapore, but before that, Jo and I tried to take in a bit more of the world



I had an amazing time in Munich and Nuremberg and spent a day with Naemi and Vanessa. It was so great to see them again after so long and we went all around Nuremberg, and of course, the Christmas markets! The next morning, we went to Naemi's church and had a lovely lunch... :) Obviously I didn't quite understand the service (although thankfully for Vanessa's translation), I really loved the songs and meeting people :)



I really loved being in Germany and the warm Christmassy atmosphere, but most of all, seeing Naemi and Vanessa again brought back so many fond memories of my time in Myanmar... :)

So I'm finally back home in Singapore. I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends and family again... :) Perhaps singing Christmas carols and eating turkey and stuffing too, but most importantly, to remember that Christmas isn't just about songs and birds... :) It's about presents! To remember the greatest gift of all.. Jesus.

Be near me Lord Jesus,
I ask thee to stay.
Close by me forever,
And love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children
In thy tender care
And fit us for Heaven
To live with thee there.

- Away in a Manger

No comments: