Thursday 15 May 2008

...........

......... is really how I feel. I have not written a post in nearly 2 months because I've been too busy and all the activity has finally gotten to me. My energy waxes and wanes... I feel like the smoldering wick or bruised reed Jesus promises he will not break. Yes, that is my saving grace, my only hope.

This is the longest I've been away from home, and admittedly I don't feel homesick, but how nice it would be if I were home. That means exams are over as well. Indeed, God has been gracious to me and granted me success in all my endeavours thus far. I cannot be more grateful for what he has done, but everything is coming together just prior to my exams and I'm waiting for the last straw that will break this camel's back. Not far to go now. Everything that I read just seems to bounce off my impenetrable skull and I feel like my memory is an all-time low. My mind is always away with the fairies and I'm not sure if what I am writing now makes sense. I've even been forgetting things so often it's ridiculous. Finally, I'm feeling the pressure of exams, and I can't do much about it when my mind just won't absorb. At this poiint, I think I need an antipsychotic more than some of my patients.

The recent stirring in Myanmar hasn't helped. I thank God for sustaining my brothers and sisters, for keeping them safe. Though I know that he will always be there to uphold them, I cannot help but worry. I suppose it's what keeps me on my knees as well. Just as God chose to harden Pharoah's heart that his wonders might be displayed in the land, I know God will use this opportunity to show the people how much he loves them and to help them realise that he is the Lord.

As my river of thoughts runs dry, here I end........

No comments: